Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hollywood Life: Kelly Rowland New Song: Beyonce Doesn’t Love Me

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Kelly Rowland New Song: Beyonce Doesn't Love Me
May 16th 2013, 11:19

Are the former Destiny’s Child stars butting heads? In Kelly’s first single in two years, she dishes about her often rocky relationship with Queen Bey. Keep reading to listen!

Kelly Rowland is in full confession mode for her new single, “Dirty Laundry.” The Destiny’s Child pop star has never quite been able to escape the shadow of her iconic band mate Beyonce, and she’s finally singing about it.

Kelly Rowland Dishes On Beyonce In ‘Dirty Laundry’

The revealing song, which is the first single from Kelly’s upcoming album Talk a Good Game, is all about Kelly’s resentment over the way her career has unfolded since Destiny’s Child. She admits to how she loathes living in the shadows, as well as how she was once physically abused.

“When my sister was onstage/killing it like a …/I was enraged/feeling it like a ….," Kelly sings. "Went our separate ways but I was happy that she was killing it/Bittersweet, she was up and I was down/No lie, I feel good for her but what do I do now?”

Kelly’s frank admission that she couldn’t help but be a little jealous towards Beyonce is extremely refreshing. But the reveal that there isn’t always much love in her relationship with Bey is downright shocking.

The admission in the song comes in the form of an ex-boyfriend, who is abusing Kelly emotionally and physically:

Hitting the window like it was me
And still it shattered
He pulled me out and said, ‘Don't nobody love you but me
Not your mama
Not your daddy
and especially not Bey.’

Kelly is definitely being as raw and real as we’ve ever heard her be. If she’s not out of the shadow of Beyonce yet, this will surely help.

Read the rest of the lyrics and listen to the song below and let us know what you think, HollywoodLifers!

Kelly Rowland – ‘Dirty Laundry’ Lyrics

[Chorus]
Let's do this dirty laundry, this dirty laundry
Let's do this dirty laundry, this dirty laundry
When you're soaked in tears for years, it never airs out
When you make pain look this good it never wears out
This dirty laundry, this dirty laundry

[Verse 1]
While my sister was on stage, killing it like a motherf**ker
I was enraged, feeling it like a motherf**ker
Bird in a cage, you would never know what I was dealing with
Went out separate ways, but I was happy she was killing it
Bittersweet, she was up, I was down
No lie, I feel good for her, but what do I do now?
Forget the records
Off the record, I was going through some bulls**t
Post-survivor, she on fire, who wanna hear my bulls**t?
Meanwhile, this n**** putting his hands on me
I swear y'all don't know the half of this industry

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
And it's almost been a decade
I'm behind them black shades
Roll up like it's all good, right up out that escalade
Fix my make-up, "get it together, Kelly, get it together"
Then we make up, "well get it together, n****, get it together"
Kinda lucky, I was in her shadow
Phone call from my sister, "what's the matter?"
She said, "Oh no, baby – you gotta leave!"
I'm on the kitchen floor – he took the keys
I was mad at everybody, I mean everybody
Yeah, her, her, her her everybody
Five years later, I got my s**t down pat
Think I had it good, and they don't know how bad
Fooled everybody, except myself
Soaking in this hurt, bathing in the dirt

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
So here I am in the spin cycle
We're comin and we're goin
Nobody can know this
And I was trapped in his house, lyin' to my mama
Thought it could get no worse as we maximize the drama
Started to call them people on him
I was battered
He hittin the window like it was me, until it shattered
He pulled me out, he said, "Don't nobody love you but me
Not your mama, not your daddy and especially not Bey"
He turned me against my sister
I missed ya

[Chorus]

LISTEN: Kelly Rowland – ‘Dirty Laundry’

Subscribe to me on YouTube

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Kelly Rowland & Beyonce News:

  1. Destiny's Child Will Perform At The Super Bowl
  2. Beyoncé: Why She's Reuniting With Destiny's Child For Super Bowl
  3. Destiny's Child Debuts 'Nuclear' — First New Song In 8 Years
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment