After a heated trial and intense jury deliberations all closely followed by the entire nation, George Zimmerman was found not guilty of the second degree murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on July 13.
A story that began with George Zimmerman, 29, tragically and controversially shooting and killing Trayvon Martin, 17, has finally come to an end, as George was found by a jury of six women on July 13.
George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
The jury deliberated for over 16 hours total before arriving at their decision.
George’s family stood tensely in the Florida courtroom as the lead juror read the decision. Martin’s family was not in the courtroom. After the verdict was read, Zimmerman smiled and shook his lawyers’ hands, according to CNN.
Jury Deliberates Through The Weekend In Trayvon Martin Case
Perhaps sensing the urgency of this trial, the jury decided to deliberate over the weekend to come to a swift decision. They had already been discussing the case for three and a half hours before taking a night recess on July 12, according to CNN.
“All of us are depending on you to make a wise and legal decision,” the judge frankly stated.
Since this trial commenced, it has been clear that the verdict would be divisive and could possibly stir public unrest. As a precaution, authorities in Seminole County had prepared for violent reactions.
“As Americans, we entrust our fellow citizens with a solemn duty,” Seminole County Sheriff Donald Eslinger said shortly after the jury was dismissed. “At times, as individuals, we may not agree with this verdict. But as communities within our country, we respect the rule of law.”
We can only hope that no one will make more violence out of an already violent case, but it is good to hear that authorities are prepared just in case.
George, a neighborhood watch guard, shot and killed Trayon in what he claimed was self-defense on February 26, 2012.
It is such a tragic case, and the only thing we can take solace in is that the justice system has done its duty, and hopefully we can all move on now that a verdict has been reached.
Sorry guys, Halle is officially off the market — again! The stunning mom-to-be tied the knot with fiance Olivier on July 13 in Vallery, France in a small, intimate ceremony. Congrats!
Ring those wedding bells — on July 13, Halle Berry, 46, got married to actor Olivier Martinez, 47, during a romantic ceremony at the Chateau des Conde in Vallery, France.
Halle Berry Marries Olivier Martinez
The couple, who got engaged in March of 2012, had an intimate wedding at the chateau, where guests were seen entering a white tent set up close to the property’s on-site church, according to People.
The ceremony just what Halle wanted. In an interview, Halle revealed that she could never want a huge wedding — she was all about intimacy. “I do know it will be very small,” she told InStyle. “I haven’t been to many weddings, but I went to one this weekend with 250 guests. I thought, Wow—so this is a wedding, huh? I’ve never had that, nor have I wanted that. I wasn’t even trying to catch the bouquet!”
Halle and Oliver are getting married just in time, right before they welcome their little baby into the world! The couple announced in April 2013 that they were expecting their first child together, a son. It will be Halle’s second child after giving birth to her daughter, Nahla, in 2008. What a beautiful happy family they’re going to be!
This is Halle’s third time tying the knot — she was previously married to David Justice in 1993 and Eric Benet in 2001 — and is Olivier’s first.
We’re so happy for the newlyweds. And just imagine, they’re about to be even more euphoric once Halle gives birth!
Selena fans rejoice! The ‘Come & Get It’ singer triumphantly returned to Instagram on July 13 and possibly even gave her fans a sneak preview at an upcoming video for her album, ‘Stars Dance.’ Watch it below!
It’s been a long time coming, but the day has finally come. On July 13, Selena Gomezanswered the prayers of her fans by rejoining Instagram.
Selena Gomez Back On Instagram
“I’m back…. #STARSDANCE,” Selena tweeted along with her first new post, a black and white video of Selena and a handful of backup dancers in a studio.
Selena is looking smoldering in the clip (who knew black and white looked so good on her?), and her sexiness is only magnified when we get to see her bust out some brand new choreography.
The move back to Instagram and the video are genius ways to get everyone even more excited for her album, Stars Dance, which is out on July 23. We didn’t think we could get more amped, but we definitely are now!
Selena Gomez On Instagram: Will She Post About Justin Bieber?
And the possibilities of Selena on Instagram are thrilling as well. Will she be the one confirming the reunions with Justin Bieberfrom now on?
Selena’s on-again, off-again flame is one of the most active celebs on the social networking site, and he’s more than once verified rumors that he and Selena were back together.
Most recently, Justin posted a romantic picture of himself and Selena on July 5 after the two spent the whole day together on the Fourth of July. “#Heartbreaker,” Justin captioned the photo.
But now it’s Selena’s turn to entice us on Instagram!
Watch her video post below and tell us what you think, HollywoodLifers!
Queen Bey took to Instagram to celebrate the inspiring Pakistani teen’s birthday, and her message went way further than a simply salutation.
The 31-year-old singer held up a sign with the message:
Your bravery and perseverance has touched the world. You are the true definition of a survivor. All my love and respect, Beyonce. Happy Birthday Malala!
What an amazing gesture. Beyonce can be such a commanding presence, it’s amazing to see her so humbly giving praise to someone.
Malala Yousafzai Stands Up For Equality To The United Nations
But if anyone deserves it, it’s Malala.
The 16-year-old from Pakistan has triumphed over so much strife since the Taliban violently targeted her in October 2012 and shot her in the head. But like Beyonce says, Malala is a true survivor, and though she was targeted for speaking out on educational equality for women, she continues to stand up for what she believes in.
“Here I stand not as one voice but speaking for those who have fought for the right to be treated with dignity, their right for equality of opportunity, and their right to be educated,” she said proudly addressed the UN on July 12, her birthday. “No one can stop us. If we want to achieve our goals, let us empower ourselves with a weapon of knowledge and shield ourselves with unity and togetherness.”
Malala is now an empowering and inspiring symbol of equality and global education. Her strength and perseverance are astounding, and we love how Beyonce acknowledged that.
What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!
WATCH: Malala Yousafzai Delivers Speech To United Nations
Nobody knew if Kim would want to move back into her mom’s house after giving birth, and on the upcoming July 14 episode of ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians,’ we’re given a behind-the-scenes look at how she debated the decision.
Kris, being the doting mother that she is, is begging Kim to come back to Calabasas after she has her baby, because she wants to be there to help and doesn’t want Kim and Kanye Westto be stranded by themselves in Beverly Hills.
But Kim has a few issues, to say the least, with moving back.
“I can’t take a shower in a black shower,” Kim states defiantly. “The toilet paper’s black, I like to see what I’m s****ing and what I’m wiping!” Thanks for that image, Kimmy!
It does turn out that Kim has a few more less superficial reasons for her hesitancy though:
When I stayed at my mom’s after I filed for divorce, it was just me, so it was like the best sanctuary. This time moving into my mom’s there’s just a lot more people and I don’t know if this is the right environment for us to learn how to raise a newborn with so much chaos going on.
“I just know I’m going to get crazy and I’ll go crazy living here,” Kim tells Kris, Kourtney, and Kendall. “I don’t know what to do.”
Kim Kardashian: Where She Decided To Live After Having North West
Austin Mahone Dishes On His Trip To Disneyland With Selena Gomez
“I was in LA and she was there at the same time,” the 17-year-old singer explains, also adding that Selena, 20, was the one who set up the date. “She was just like, ‘Come hang out at Disneyland with me.’”
Pictures taken of Austin and Selena at the theme park showed them clearly having an amazing time, going on rides, eating ice cream, and even watching a fireworks show before leaving around midnight.
It all sounds and looked awfully cute, but unfortunately for those hoping for a Austin-Selena hookup, the “What About Love” singer insists his day at Disneyland with Selena wasn’t romantic in any way. “We’re just friends,” he says, “it was cool, it was fun, it was great.”
Taylor Swift Trying To Set Up Austin Mahone & Selena Gomez
What an invasion of privacy! A new report claims that six workers from the hospital where Kim gave birth to baby North West have been fired after they were caught improperly going through Kim’s records.
Kim Kardashian & North West: Hospital Fires Workers
Six hospital workers have been fired from the hospital after “inappropriately accessing” Kim and other patients’ records, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The privacy breaches occurred between June 18 and June 24, Cedars-Sinai said in an official statement. Kim was checked into the hospital on June 15 and left about a week later. The hospital workers in question reportedly accessed records for reasons not related to the patients’ health, which is what makes their offenses fireable.
Cedars-Sinai Hospital Alerts Kim Kardashian About Privacy Invasion
The hospital has notified Kim that she was one of the patients whose records were accessed, according to TMZ. The Kardashians suspected that there was a leak in the hospital, TMZ reports, after certain information surfaced about the birth of North that Kim hadn’t told anyone.
Kim K is reportedly happy though that the hospital has been so vigilant in rooting out the workers who violated her privacy, and she’s glad justice has been served, TMZ reports.
As if Kim didn’t have enough to worry about! The new mommy obviously has to always look over her shoulder, especially now that Nori has been born, but we’re sure she had full trust in Cedars-Sinai before this fiasco.
Those workers should probably just be glad the hospital got to them before Kanye Westcould.
Go ahead and file this as the craziest thing you’ll hear all weekend. The basketball star revealed in a new interview that he was abducted by aliens ‘like two weeks ago,’ and we’re pretty sure he wasn’t joking at all.
Baron Davis, 34, was known for having one of the best beards in the NBA, now he’ll probably be known as the basketball player who was abducted by aliens.
Baron Davis: I Was Abducted By Aliens
The former New York Knicks player said the abduction occurred “like two weeks ago” in an interview on “The Champs Podcast” on July 11.
Thankfully, Baron went into intense detail describing his Twilight Zone-esque experience. “I was, um, on my way from Vegas here to LA,” the baller explained. “I’m a little tired and s**t, I see this light and I think it’s a big-ass truck.”
It was not a big-ass truck, according to Baron. “Then next thing you know, dude, like, I was in this f***ing steel thing.” Baron continues, saying that he was suddenly surrounded by “these f***ing crazy-looking people” who were “half-human, half, like, f***ing ugly motherf***er.” How funny — those are our favorite kind of aliens!
Baron Davis: Does He Really Think He Got Abducted By Aliens?
“The Champs” hosts Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher pushed Baron on the story, telling him, “We don’t know if you’re being serious or not.”
“They were poking me on my nose and they were, like, looking me in my eyes,” Baron responded. “They had my hands like, tied up and the next thing you know, I was f***ing in Montebello, dude, burning rubber on the way back to LA. It was like four o'clock in the morning.”
The NBA star finished his story explaining how the experience — or whatever you wanna call it — changed him: “I come back and I’m like, sharper and s**t. I’m retaining information.”
Baron has since gone back on his oddly detailed abduction account, tweeting “that alien thing is a joke,” on July 12, but who knows, maybe he’s just embarrassed now. Because he really seemed convinced that something happened to him.
The Duke of Cambridge sure is cutting it close! After fulfilling his commitment at a charity polo match on July 13, Prince William reportedly hurried right back to London. Was he worried that the labor already started?
Despite that fact that July 13 is Kate Middleton’sdue date, Prince Williamstill had duties to fulfill as the Duke of Cambridge. One such obligation was participating in a polo match for charity at the Kent & Curwen Royal Polo Cup in Sydmonton, England.
Prince William Hurries Home After Polo Match
The Duke was joined by his brother, Prince Harry for the match, which was an exciting one that ended with Harry’s team defeating William’s four goals to three.
It must be extremely stressful for William right now to have to take time away from Kate, knowing that she could give birth to their first child at any moment. But such is the life of a royal, and should the baby not come on July 13, William is slated to compete in another polo match on the 14th in support of WellChild, Centrepoint, and Child Bereavement UK in Gloucestershire, England.
Prince William: Should He Cancel His Polo Match With Kate Middleton’s Due Date Past?
William is so honorable and admirable for sticking to his commitments despite the his personal life — he clearly knows his duty and responsibility.
But at the same time, shouldn’t he be able to make an exception? Sydmonton, where he was today, is just over 60 miles away from London and Gloucestershire is over 100 miles away! What would he do if he wasn’t able to be by Kate’s side while she gives birth to their first child because he was playing polo?
What do you think, HollywoodLifers? If Kate hasn’t given birth by July 14, should Prince William still go to his polo match? Let us know!
Poor Kimmy! The new mom has been staying at home, spending all her time with North West, but a new report claims that she’s getting claustrophobic!
Kim Kardashian’snatural habitat is the spotlight, so it’s incredible that we still haven’t had the slightest glimpse of her since she gave birth to North West on June 15. But a new report claims that the new mother is getting fed up with hiding out.
Kim Kardashian Just Wants To Show Off Baby North West
Kim has been staying at home both to take care of North, but to also respect daddy Kanye West’swishes to keep Nori out of the spotlight, and possibly to make her mom, Kris Jenner, happy by saving the big reveal for her upcoming talk show.
But Kim is sick of being all cooped up, Radar Online reports. “She's saying she is sick of being in hiding,” a source tells Radar.
Kim is stuck in a tough situation, because she wants to make everyone happy, but she also reportedly has a strong desire to show off Nori to the world. “She is dying for people to see how cute she is,” says the source, “she wants her fans to see how adorable she is.”
It really is asking a lot of Kim to expect her to go from sharing everything with her fans to sharing nothing; it sort of goes against her nature. And Kim has reportedly never wanted to share anything more than her adorable baby: “She is saying that she knows that everyone will love her as much as she does and she wants people to see how beautiful she is,” the source adds.
North West: Where Will We First See Her?
Kim and Kanye still have not confirmed when North will make her first appearance. The couple reportedly decided to sell baby photos for $4 million, according to NaughtyButNiceRob.com, with all the proceeds going to charity, but a magazine has yet to come out with Nori on the cover.
Yikes! For some reason Demi was reportedly on a Bieber vendetta on July 10, taking multiple shots at the ‘Boyfriend’ singer. So will Justin respond?
Demi Lovatois using her stage as a judge on The X Factor to get a couple things off of her chest, namely her apparent dislike for Justin Bieber.
Demi Lovato Slams Justin Bieber — More Than Once!
During an audition session on the USC campus in Los Angeles, Calif., Demi let loose on Justin, according to TMZ.
It all reportedly started when Demi gave her opinion on a 22-year-old wannabe Bieber who had a bad attitude. “We don’t need another little punk running the streets,” Demi quipped, TMZ reports.
And she didn’t stop there. Her Justin-centric disses got even clearer after another hopeful contestant sang a rendition of Justin’s “As Long As You Love Me.” Demi loved the performance and reportedly said, “Well finally someone can sing the song the way it was meant to be sung.”
So harsh, Demi!
Demi Lovato: Why Did She Lash Out At Justin Bieber?
Since overcoming her past struggles, Demi seems to have become an elder stateswoman in the pop music world. She hasn’t been afraid to speak her mind on other stars before (ahem, Taylor Swift), and she’s also proven in the past that she’s on Selena Gomez’sside in her relationship with Justin. Perhaps her comments were made in disgust that Selena had taken Justin back yet again.
We’ll also point out that July 10 was the day that video of Justin peeing in a kitchen bucket hit the internet. If there’s anything that can leave a bad taste in your mouth, it’s that video, so that may have been a factor as well.
Demi Lovato’s Disses: Will Justin Bieber Respond?
Justin usually doesn’t let things go. He was quick to diss Conan O’Brienback after the late night host slammed him, as HollywoodLife.comreported exclusively, so it may only be a matter of time before the Biebs lashes out at Demi.
Shots have definitely been fired though! What do you think of Demi’s remarks, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!
Rob and Riley are not the only ones who have spent time together — their families have too! Now that there’s photo evidence that the families have hung out, does this mean that Rob and Riley have taken their relationship to the next level?
It appears not! A second photograph of Riley’s cousin, Kash Hovey, and Rob’s sister, Lizzy, has also been discovered, but the photo is nearly eight months old! So it seems that Rob and Riley’s families have known each other, and possibly been close with each other, for some time now.
So while these new findings don’t confirm that Rob and Riley have entered the “Meet the Parents” phase of their relationship, they do give a more vivid picture of how Rob and Riley came together. Rob and Riley possibly began as family friends and have now grown to be more romantic with each other. At least we know that their family members likely approve of the relationship!
[Rob] really likes the fact that [Riley] is not absorbed by celebrity and that she really isn't a celebrity herself. Her family members are the celebrities. Basically [Riley] can walk into stores and nobody really knows who she is — she and Rob bond over the fact that their lives together are more normal. His relationship with Kristen, however, felt like a Ben Affleck & J.Lo situation. It was too much of a show. Riley is a cool girl that lets Rob be himself.
Rob’s relationship with Riley seems easy — at least in comparison to the struggles he went through with Kristen Stewart — and now knowing that his family knows hers makes it seem even easier. It might not last forever, but at least it’s a deserved relief for R-Patz.