Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hollywood Life: Kelly Clarkson: Good For You For Standing Up For Yourself

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Kelly Clarkson: Good For You For Standing Up For Yourself
Feb 20th 2013, 02:25

Kelly Clarkson, it’s always important for women to stand up for themselves, so I applaud you for taking to your blog to make sure your version of the truth was told when it comes to how Clive Davis represents your relationship in his new memoir!

Kelly Clarksonwhile we weren’t in the room for the conversations you had with Clive Davis that the music legend has written about in his new memoir, The Soundtrack Of My Life, we’re certainly glad that you have taken the opportunity to write your version of the truth on your WhoSay page, as you did on Feb. 19. It’s important that all sides are heard in this story, not just one.

Kelly, we respect Clive. He’s a musical genius who discovered some incredible talent, fostering the careers of such artists, including yourself. But we equally respect you. The HollywoodLife audience loves your music and your message of strength for women. You really understand how women feel in both good and bad relationships, Kelly, and our audience relates to that — they’re happy that you’re able to provide a voice for them.

Millions of people will read Clive’s memoir, The Soundtrack Of My Life, and since you have different memories about the passages in question, what you did is important.

Kelly Clarkson’s Side Of The Story

In your post, you write, “So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music. I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses and misinformation for myself and for my fans. It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don’t have to cower to anyone – even Clive Davis.

Kelly Defends ‘Because Of You’

First, he says I burst into ‘hysterical sobbing’ in his office when he demanded ‘Since You Been Gone’ be on my album. Not true at all. His stories and songs are mixed up. I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn’t be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way.But, yes, I did cry in his office once. I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called ‘Because Of You.’ I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a ‘sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me.’ He continued on about how the song didn’t rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing. This was devastating coming from a man who I, as a young girl, considered a musical hero and was so honored to work with. But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn’t include that in the book.

Kelly Blasts Clive Davis For His Lack Of Support

He also goes on to say My December wasn’t successful because I co-penned the album and it didn’t have ‘pop hits.’ Well, first let me say, I’ve co-penned many of my ‘pop hits.’ Secondly, My December went platinum (It sold 20,000 less than All I Ever Wanted which followed My December.) Hardly a huge failure. ‘Never Again’, the ONLY single they released in the US from that record was a Top 10 hit. I am very proud of that and I have my fans to thank. But, again, what’s most interesting about his story is what he leaves out: He doesn’t mention how he stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music and completely sabotaged the entire project. It never had a chance to reach it’s full potential. My December was an album I needed to make for myself for many reasons and the fact that I was so completely disregarded and disrespected was so disheartening, there really aren’t words to explain….

Anyway, I love my job. I love my music. I love my fans. I love my label and all of my professional relationships…now. And I am grateful for Clive for teaching me to know the difference.”

Good For You, Kelly!

Kelly, we remember these hits that you and Clive had tension over, and we’re glad you recorded them. We respect you for standing up for yourself. It’s always important for young women to speak up when they feel their side of the truth isn’t being heard.

Kelly V Clive: Who’s Telling The Truth?

In this war of words, we wonder: whose side of the story do you believe? What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Will you be reading Clive’s new book any time soon? Do you respect Kelly for speaking up and defending herself?

WATCH: Kelly Clarkson Performing At President Obama’s 2013 Inauguration

–Billy Nilles

More Kelly Clarkson News

  1. Clive Davis Admits That He's Bisexual In New Memoir
  2. Kelly Clarkson Is Engaged — Congratulations
  3. Kelly Clarkson Reveals How She Lost Weight & Got Her New Body
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment