Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hollywood Life: Nicki Minaj Tells ‘Marie Claire’: ‘I Want To Be A Mom One Day’

Changes are afoot at Blogtrottr!
By popular request, we're bringing in paid plans with some cool new features (and more on the way). You can read all about it in our blog post.
Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Nicki Minaj Tells 'Marie Claire': 'I Want To Be A Mom One Day'
Jul 9th 2013, 14:38, by HL Intern

Nicki is the first rapper to ever appear on the cover of the mag — and she looks fabulous!

Nicki Minaj made history as the first rapper to ever appear on the cover of Marie Claire — and the 30-year-old star looks stunning! Minaj is known for her eclectic and wild style, but on the August 2013 cover of the mag she looks sleek and chic, while photographed in a slew of different looks. Our favorite is the side profile of her with a giant black mohawk and a skin-tight leather body suit! Inside, she candidly dishes about men, being famous, and motherhood.

Nicki Minaj On Motherhood:

She told the mag that she had a “weird epiphany” and that she wants to pursue…motherhood! Wow — we so did not expect that. She is such a free spirit we didn’t think she wanted to be tied down! We were obviously wrong, as she said, “For the first time, I allowed myself to feel proud of where music had gotten me, and I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. You feel the need to pay it forward, which starts with analyzing yourself with a true desire to grow. I was praying every day, ‘You know what, Lord? I want to be a mom one day, and I want to start becoming the woman who I want to parent my child.’ I wanted all of the feelings of entitlement to leave me, because some people have this life for a year or five or 10 – and a lot of them lose it. I didn’t want to become a person who wasn’t enjoying the moment.” Good for you!

Nicki Minaj On Being An ‘American Idol’ Judge:

We loved seeing Nicki as a judge on American Idol because her crazy fun personality lit up the show! She had a lot to say about her past on the show too. “The perception that people had of me completely changed because there are no cue cards, there’s no script, it wasn’t me performing a song. It was, ‘Let’s see your real personality. My core is a genuine human being who roots for other people. I didn’t want to blow smoke up their ass. I wanted every contestant to leave with something that they could remember.” Well we completely side with you Nicki because we got to see a side of you that we’ve never seen before!

Nicki Minaj On Making Music:

She told Marie Claire that she wants to make “three more albums” before the end of her career – and we were ecstatic to hear that because we just can’t get enough of her! She said, “If I can do that, I’ll feel complete. One day, when I start getting a couple gray hairs, maybe it will all be only acting. I just never know. . . I’ve kind of become the poster child for doing the things that no one expects.”

Nicki Minaj On Having A Different Career:

Believe it or not, Nicki wanted to be a lawyer long before rapping came along! While we were surprised we could somehow picture Nicki in a court room, lighting it up with her vibrant outfits! “I just loved the thought of going into a courtroom with mostly men and defending someone – just being able to persuade people with your words. It seems glamorous in a way. Very inspiring and ballsy,” she said.

Nicki Minaj On Men:

What better person to take men advice from then Nicki herself? Her carefree and independent personality is admirable and she said it best: “Don’t chase any man. Put your school first. Men love independent women. You don’t have to be a bitch, but there’s nothing wrong with it at times. And: Men are kids at heart. They want to be nourished and pet like a dog.”

We have such a different view of Nicki Minaj now that we have never had before – in the public eye she is this wild and funky rapper, but she’s actually quite down-to-earth – and we love it! What did you guys think of her interview?

Take Our Poll

Olivia Elgart

More Nicki Minaj News:

  1. Nicki Minaj's Conservative Beauty At The 2013 BET Awards
  2. Nicki Minaj's Sparkly Eyelids On 'Idol' — Love Or Loathe? Vote
  3. Get Your First Look At Nicki Minaj's Kmart Line: Crazy Or Cool?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment