Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hollywood Life: Boston Bombing Victim Adrianne Haslet: ‘I Thought My Life Was Over’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Boston Bombing Victim Adrianne Haslet: 'I Thought My Life Was Over'
Apr 25th 2013, 17:07

Professional dancer Adrianne lost her leg during the Boston Marathon bombing, and in a new interview she reveals she didn’t know she was hurt until her husband showed her the horror of her injury.

Adrianne Haslet is truly inspiring. The 32-year-old professional dancer and her Afghanistan war veteran husband Adam Davis were watching the Boston Marathon on April 15, when they were both blown off their feet by the second bomb. Adrienne said it was “so scary,” but thankfully she and her husband landed together, when she made a terrifying realization.

Adrianne Haslet Loses Leg During Boston Marathon Bombings

Adrianne appeared via satellite on The View on April 25, where she told Barbara Walters and Elizabeth Hasselbeck about her experience.

Adrianne said she and her husband — who just returned from duty — were having a “lazy Monday” and watching the marathon went the first bomb went off.

We were watching the marathon when the first bomb went off. We both looked at each other and we knew it was nothing good like a confetti bomb. We knew it was an attack, we hugged each other. All of a sudden I started screaming because we knew it was not one bomb. Then we were knocked off our feet.

Adrianne and her husband landed four feet from where they were standing, and she she saw her horrifying injury.

We landed together, and we both thought we were not wounded. I thought I was fine and then I sat up. I went to move my feet, and I said to my husband ‘I think there is something wrong with my foot.’ And my whole ankle was missing. In that moment I thought my life was over.

Barbara and Adrienne were both in tears at this point, and then Adrienne spoke about what it was like to re learn she lost her foot.

Adrienne’s Horrified Reaction At Losing Her Leg

Adrienne woke up from surgery the day after the attack, and how she reacted when she learned her foot was gone.

I woke up from surgery and my mom was there. I said ‘Can you help me move my foot?’ and she said ‘Honey you don’t have a foot.’ I lost it, I screamed. I threw water bottles and I beat up my legs. It was impossible to hear.

Poor Adrienne. She is such an inspiration however, as she is not letting this injury get her down. She has vowed to run the marathon next year, and she will dance again.

Most excitingly, she has been asked to appear on Dancing with The Stars! She will appear on the April 29 show.

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do YOU think Adrienne is an inspiration?

WATCH: Adrianne Haslet Talks About Her Injury

Subscribe to me on YouTube

– Eleanore Hutch

More Boston Bombing Victims Lose Legs:

  1. Girl, 7, Who Lost Leg In Boston Bombing Has Life Saved In Dramatic Video
  2. Boston Bombing Victim Who Lost Legs Helps FBI Identify Terrorist
  3. Boston Bombings: Two Brothers Watching Marathon Each Lose A Leg
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment