Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hollywood Life: Gina DeJesus’ Mother: I Forgive Ariel Castro

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Gina DeJesus' Mother: I Forgive Ariel Castro
May 11th 2013, 20:06

In a touching new interview, the mother of one of the kidnapped girls in Cleveland, Nancy Ruiz, showed unbelievable strength and forgiveness, revealing that she would hug her daughter’s kidnapper if she saw him and would even offer him redemption.

Nancy Ruiz, the mother of Gina DeJesus, refuses to be consumed by hatred. Despite allegations that Ariel Castro kidnapped her daughter, tortured her and held her in captivity for nine years, Nancy insists that she would show him forgiveness if they were ever face-to-face again.

Gina DeJesus’ Mother: ‘I Forgave’ Ariel Castro

“I would hug him and I would say, ‘God bless you,’” Nancy told ABC’s 20/20. “I did not hate him. I forgave him years ago. I said it: I forgive whoever done it, just let her go.”

In a horribly ironic twist, Nancy actually knew Ariel very well after growing up in the same neighborhood. Her sister lives less than three blocks away from the house where Gina was trapped for close to a decade, and Ariel and Nancy would often bump into each other. Shockingly, Ariel would actually ask Nancy how she was holding up without her daughter.

Nancy Ruiz: ‘I Don’t Have Time’ To Be Hateful

No one would ever hold it against Nancy if she completely loathed Ariel for the rest of her days, but apparently she does not want to live a hate-filled life. “When you start to hate a person, that eats you up,” Nancy said. “I don’t have time for that. I have to be, you know, I want to be happy, like I am now.”

Nancy’s positive outlook in the face of the terrible things Ariel allegedly did to Gina is shocking, and admirable. Most people would feel a burning anger towards the man who took their daughter away for nine years and tortured her. Nancy no doubt has that anger within her, but to be able to rise above it and preach forgiveness — especially when Ariel Castro likely doesn’t deserve an ounce of it — is stunning.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

WATCH: Nancy Ruiz On ‘Good Morning America’

Subscribe to me on YouTube

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Gina DeJesus News:

  1. Gina DeJesus' Mom Gives Shocking News On Kidnapped Girls
  2. Gina DeJesus Finally Arrives Home: Family Speak Out
  3. Three Girls Who Went Missing 10 Years Ago Are Found Alive
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment