Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hollywood Life: Nikki Reed’s Favorite Piece Of Jewerly Is A $10 Necklace From Her Husband

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Nikki Reed's Favorite Piece Of Jewerly Is A $10 Necklace From Her Husband
May 9th 2013, 18:06

We got to chat with the star about her new jewerly line for 7 For All Mankind. She also spilled on the pieces of jewelry in her personal collection that mean the most to her. Read on for more from Nikki and get your first look at the collection!

Nikki Reed has teamed up with 7 For All Mankind on a special capsule collection! The 24-year-old is expanding Mattlin Era, her jewelry line, with five pieces for the denim retailer. The star says she was inspired by 7 For All Mankind’s Spring 2013 collection. From necklaces to bracelets and earrings, the items range from $48-$84 — and you can get your first look at them right here! We also got to chat with the star, who told us why an inexpensive necklace from a vintage store has so much meaning to her.

What’s your favorite piece of jewelry that Paul, (your husband), has given you?
“Obviously my wedding ring is very special to me, but I’ll never forget the first piece of jewelry he bought for me. It’s a $10 bird necklace from a vintage store he got while he was doing a show in New York. I still wear it all the time! I knew he got my style right away!”

Where do you find your inspiration?
“With some of the pieces I used patterns in the new denim collection as inspiration. I also designed a few of the pieces, (for example, the ‘Starry Night Necklace’), because I felt I was missing them in my own jewelry closet.

Does Paul ever help you? Do you bounce ideas off him?
“Paul is always happy to let me bounce ideas off of him. He obviously has great style and great ideas.”

What jewelry trend can you not get enough of?
“I love to layer my jewelry. It’s something I watched my mom do growing up. I would say her and I have similar taste. Eclectic and funky, with a story behind everything we wear.”

What are some jewelry items that you never take off?
“I definitely have, “my rings.” The ones I never take off! Like my ‘Mattlin Era Amy’ ring and a ring I wear on my pinky that I’ve had since the third grade!”

Your line pays homage to your grandmother. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry that she has passed on to you?
“When I was a little girl my grandmother gave me a beautiful turquoise necklace that she got in New Mexico like, 30 years ago. I’m too scared to wear it though! I don’t want to lose it!”

Katrina Mitzeliotis


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment