Friday, March 15, 2013

Hollywood Life: Kristen Stewart’s Mom Didn’t Mean To Sound Jealous Of Her Daughter

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Kristen Stewart's Mom Didn't Mean To Sound Jealous Of Her Daughter
Mar 15th 2013, 23:09

Kristen Stewarts’ mother Jules gave a new interview to the ‘LA Times’ today, March 15, in which she sounds frustrated that she is overshadowed by her daughter.

But I doubt she meant to be hurtful. Kristen Stewart‘s mom Jules is speaking out to publicize the new film that she directed, K-11. Unfortunately, in the interview she makes a few points that make her possibly sound as if she is envious of her famous daughter, the star of Twilight.

Kristen, Your Mom Would Never Want To Bash You

“It’s extremely frustrating for me, because she’s 22 years old and I’m almost 60,” said KStew's mother. “In terms of life experience — hello! — I have it all over her. It’s not like I came out of nowhere,” she told Amy Kaufman of the LA Times.

She also says: “To the world, I have no name. I am ‘Mama Stew’ — that’s what they call me, all of her zillions of fans. Or I’m Kristen’s mom; I’m famous for being her mom,” she confessed. "I have my own career. My own thing going on. And I would hate to think that it’s because of my 22-year-old that I got to direct a movie.”

Hmm, these comments could be seen as harsh. But I don't think that Jules, who is clearly a strong woman and a huge supporter of her daughter, meant to in any way diss Kristen. She is known to be enormously proud of Kristen and very loving to her. Kirsten could have never accomplished all that she has done and would never have had the grace under pressure that she's demonstrated multiple times, if she didn't have a strong and loving mother.

Kristen is the admirable young woman that she is today because of the supportive mom and dad, John Stewart, that she has.

Kristen is also very close to her three brothers, Cameron, Taylor and Dana. She’d never have such a tight relationship with her brothers, as well, if her mother Jules hadn’t given all her children so much love and a strong sense of security.

All of this is at odds with the impression that some feel Jules gave in in her LA Times interview. I think what happened is that Jules is simply a very forthright, straight talking person who doesn’t want anyone to think that she is riding on her famous daughter’s coattails in order to get both financing and publicity for her new gritty film. K-11,which opens today, in 15 theaters, is an edgy look at self-identified gay and transgender inmates in the Los Angles Men’s Central Jail.

Kristen was initially supposed to play a leading role in the film but had to pull out based on her overwhelmingly busy schedule. She was only able to do a voice-over for the film, in the end.

Jules Didn’t Mean It To Come Off As Harsh

“I don’t think they were intentionally malicious [comments] and I believe that she loves and is very proud of her daughter,” says celebrity relationship expert Cooper Lawrence, a regular on WPLJ’s The Big Show with Scott & Todd. ” I do agree that some of her comments came across as competitive and jealous because she may be resentful that after all these years in the business, she has to use her daughter’s name (to help promote the film).”

Jules has spent three decades in Hollywood as a highly regarded script supervisor on major films like Mortal Kombat and  The Little Giants.

Dr. Gilda Carle (of DrGilda.com) says she can sympathize with Jules Stewart. “Her own creative career has been eclipsed and upstaged by her famous daughter … and Mama Stewart is trying her best to establish her own reputation and credentials. If she’d only have said that talent does run in her family and she’s thrilled for Kristen’s successes, it might have sounded better.”

I agree. Jules might have been a little more diplomatic.

But on the other hand, maybe Jules did say those things and the writer just didn’t include those quotes in her piece. We will never know. But what we do know is that Jules loves Kristen like crazy, just like any mom, and she is completely protective.

Kristen has her own office in her mother’s office space and her mother designed a garage door entrance for it so Kristen can drive her car directly into the complex without being photographed or bothered by the paparazzi. So, no matter how Jules chose to express herself in her LA Times interview, I doubt she had any intention of in any way slighting the daughter she loves so much.

Do you agree Hollywoodlifers? Let me know.

– Bonnie Fuller

More Kristen Stewart News:

  1. Kristen Stewart: I'm Comfortable With Non Gratuitous Sexual Roles
  2. Kristen Stewart Takes A Fun Pic With Cute Fan In LA
  3. Kristen Stewart: 'People Assume That I'm Bella' — Does It Bother Her?
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment