Monday, March 4, 2013

Hollywood Life: Whitney Houston: FBI Files Reveal Extortion Plots & Crazy Fans

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Whitney Houston: FBI Files Reveal Extortion Plots & Crazy Fans
Mar 4th 2013, 17:20

FBI files claim that someone bribed Whitney Houston for hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep quiet about her private life.

The FBI, in response to Freedom of Information Act requests, has released 128 pages of documents on Whitney Houston, including several fan letters and FBI paperwork pertaining to an extortion case that was closed without anyone being prosecuted. Whitney, however, allegedly paid off the person to keep quiet. The details are being revealed one year after Whitney’s untimely passing.

An Extortion Plot Against Whitney Houston

A letter dated from 1992, which was marked “extortion” by the FBI, was sent to Whitney’s New Jersey offices of Nippy Inc., USA Today reports. The author, a woman who Whitney considered a “friend,” demanded that unless the singer paid her $100,000, she would reveal “certain details” of her “private life.” A follow-up letter raised the amount to $250,000 and this “friend” claimed to have “intimate details” of Whitney’s “romantic relationships.”

In an interview with the FBI, Whitney admitted that she ”did discuss personal things” with this person.

According to the documents, Whitney’s father sent a letter of confidentiality to this unnamed person with a considerable amount of money, which was blacked out by the FBI. The case was closed soon after.

Whitney Houston Received Crazy Fan Letters

One fan, who the FBI identified as a threat, wrote: “Miss Whitney, you are just so pretty and so beautiful. I just cannot stop thinking about you. Many times when I think about you I will start to shake….. I really and truly am in love with you.”

And in another letter, a fan wrote, “Over the past 17 months, I have sent … 66 letters to Miss Whitney. … I have been to 9 of Miss Whitney’s concerts and I have tried to give her flowers twice at the concerts. … When I first fell in love with Miss Whitney Houston I tried to ignore what I felt towards her. After 5 months I had to do something so I started writing letters. I have tried to stop writing the letters and to give up twice but after a few weeks I had to start writing again. I have gotten mad at her a few times. … it scares me that I might come up with some crazy or stupid or really dumb idea that might be as bad or even worse than that… I might hurt someone with some crazy idea.”

He later wrote, ”Miss Whitney, why can’t you respond to my 70 plus letters? … You probably think I’m crazy. Well, (maybe) I am. I just can’t give up. I have to keep trying. I really am in love with you.”

It’s so sad that these intimate details of Whitney’s life are now being released — one year after her death. Sadly, Whitney is no longer here to defend herself.

How do YOU feel, HollywoodLifers? Should these documents have stayed sealed?

WATCH: Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Subscribe to me on YouTube

USA Today

— Chris Rogers

Follow
@ChrisRogers86

More Whitney Houston News:

  1. Rihanna: Chris Brown & I Remind Me Of Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown
  2. Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Survives Car Crash
  3. Why Bobbi Kristina & Nick Gordon Got Matching Whitney Houston Tattoos
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment