Friday, May 3, 2013

Hollywood Life: Candice Accola

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Candice Accola
Dec 5th 2001, 00:00

The ‘Vampire Diaries’ star spoke with HollywoodLife.com about her passion & involvement with the Tick-Born Disease Alliance.

Candice Accola looked picture perfect May 2 at the Tick-Born Disease Alliance‘s annual benefit, which honored inidviduals affected by tick-borne diseases, and raised awareness about the “national health crisis they post.” But the Vampire Diaries star wasn’t just smiling for the cameras; she was there to MC the TBDA event, as Lyme disease is serious illness that hits very close to home for her.

HollywoodLife.com spoke with Candice at the event, held in NYC’s Chelsea Piers, to find out what inspired her to get involved with the cause:

What inspired me to get involved was that my friend [who was diagnosed with Lyme disease] was completely immobilized, and I’d never even heard of the disease that she had. I remember saying to my mom, ‘Teri has Lyme disease; she seems to be in pretty bad shape.’ And my mom was like, ‘No, it’s fine. She just has a tick bite. She can take antibiotics.’ Then I saw the documentary Under Our Skin, and I talked to Teri and her mom, and other people I’d met through their online community. My mind was overwhelmed with facts and information and statistics that I felt needed to be more prevalent in the minds of people that spend time outside.

Despite her busy schedule shooting her hit CW series, Candice does whatever she can to support the TBDA.

“I try to do the best I can in terms of scheduling,” she said. “I do what I can to assist TBDAlliance.org and be present in social media whenever I can.”

And Candice also gets a little help from her buddies in Mystic Falls!

“I definitely feel I get support from my cast mates,” Candice said. “Everyone has their own organizations that they’re focusing their time and energy on, but we all support each other. They’ve thrown a retweet at me from time to time.”

WATCH: Candice Accola’s Lymenaide Video


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment