Monday, June 24, 2013

Hollywood Life: Demi Lovato Skips ‘X Factor’ To Mourn Father’s Death

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Demi Lovato Skips 'X Factor' To Mourn Father's Death
Jun 24th 2013, 16:13

Poor Demi. The pop singer was forced to skip ‘The X Factor’ auditions on June 24 following the sad death of her estranged father Patrick, and she is ‘humbled’ by the support she has gotten.

Demi Lovato and her father Patrick Lovato have always had a complicated relationship, and since he died on June 23 she has taken some time off work to clear her head. She did however go on Twitter to tell her fans that she was “humbled” by their support.

Demi Lovato Tweets Her Fans

It is not yet known how Demi’s father Patrick, 53, died, but he was battling cancer for several years. Demi’s older sister Dallas tweeted to confirm his death on June 23.

“Rest in peace Daddy, I love you…” wrote Dallas, and fans immediately began tweeting her and Demi, 20.

On June 24, Demi tweeted: “I feel so humbled to have had so much support from my fans, friends, family and complete strangers. God bless you all, thank you so much love.”

Demi is so strong and such an inspiration. She naturally decided to miss auditions for The X Factor that weekend, and her co-judge Simon Cowell tweeted to say, ”My thoughts are with you Demi.”

At the time of his death, Demi had not spoken to her father for around five years, and both have spoken in the past about their difficult relationship.

Patrick Lovato Speaks About His Relationship With Demi

Patrick spoke about his broken relationship with Demi in October 2011:

My health isn't what it used to be and I know my daughter loves her daddy, so please call me Demi. It is not like I want anything from her, all I want is her love. I'm so proud that she's doing what she did, I knew the day she was born that she was special to me, but I didn't know she would be so special to so many people.

Demi revealed in 2009 that they had not spoken for two years because he kept letting her down.

“The last time I talked to him was two years ago,” she said at the time. “You try to have faith in somebody, even when you’re the last person that believes in him. But when somebody lets you down after you’ve been the only one there for them, and so many times, you don’t know what else to do.”

Our thoughts go out to Demi, Dallas and their family.

WATCH: Demi Lovato Talks Defeating Bullies and X Factor

Subscribe to me on YouTube

– Eleanore Hutch

More On Demi Lovato’s Relationship With Her Father:

  1. Demi Lovato & Other Celeb’s Tweet About Father’s Day
  2. Demi Lovato's Dad Speaks Out On His Daughter's Condition
  3. Demi Lovato’s Cancer-Stricken Father Begs Her To Call Him
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment