Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hollywood Life: Rush Limbaugh: Stop Attacking Beyoncé & Her Song ‘Bow Down’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Rush Limbaugh: Stop Attacking Beyoncé & Her Song 'Bow Down'
Mar 21st 2013, 22:25

Rush Limbaugh took to the radio airwaves on Wednesday, Mar. 20 to slam Beyoncé and her new highly confident anthem. But Rush clearly didn’t even listen to the song.

Rush Limbaugh, who has a history of attacking smart, strong women, has turned his venomous voice on Beyoncé.

He ranted on The Rush Limbaugh Show March 20 that Beyoncé has made a “complete 180″ from her normally empowering songs for women.

He claimed that her new song “Bow Down” instructs her female fans to “bow down” before their boyfriends and husbands, just like she is doing before her wealthy and successful husband Jay-Z!

“[Destiny's Child] songs were attempts to inspire young women not to take any grief from men. She’s done a 180,” Rush said on his show. “Beyoncé, now having been married, having been impregnated and giving birth to Blue Ivy … she’s got a new song, ‘Bow, Down Bitches’ … Beyoncé is now saying, ‘Go ahead and put up with it!’”

“You know why? I’ll tell you why. Because she married a rich guy. She’s even calling herself Mrs. Carter on the tour … She has shelved Beyoncé … She now understands it’s worth it to bow down.”

Rush Limbaugh’s Disturbing History Of Bashing Women

Now, it’s not shocking that Rush is slamming a strong woman. He infamously dissed Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, calling her “a slut” because she asserted that birth control pills should be covered by health insurance, even at religious institutions.

“What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute,” Rush said of Sandra in 2012. “She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception.”

He also infamously attacked then-pre-teen Chelsea Clinton back in 1993, referring to her as a dog.

“Socks is the White House cat,” Rush said back in 1993. “But did you know there is also a White House dog?”

He then showed an image of Chelsea.

What Beyoncé’s Lyrics Really Say

But what’s surprising here is that Rush didn’t even bother to listen to Beyoncé’s new single “Bow Down” or to read a copy of the lyrics.

It’s clear to anybody who does pay attention to the lyrics that Beyoncé, 31, is saying absolutely nothing about bowing down before her husband. Nor is she suggesting that any woman bow down before their men.

In fact, her very forceful and self-empowered song seems to suggest that other women – possibly women who bullied her as a girl – should respect her now.

Respect her for her success, for her hard work, for her decision to live her life her way and for her decision to have life experiences before geting married to Jay-Z.

“I took some time to live my life, but don’t think I’m just his little wife,” she sings in her new single.

Read The Lyrics, Rush

In other words, Rush Limbaugh, she’s not confessing to bowing down before her husband as you contend, she’s asserting that she has her own independent identity aside from being Jay-Z’s wife!

There are absolutely no lyrics in “Bow Down” which in any way imply or suggest that Beyoncé’s message is to bow down before men.

If anything, she is so self confident about her success and self-worth that other critics have suggested that she’s being arrogant!

Rush needs to actually listen to these lyrics – “I’m so crown, bow bow down bitches” and “I’m bigger than life, my name in the lights, I’m the number one chick, ain’t need no hype.”

Beyonce is hardly singing about groveling in any form - especially in front of her husband.

And the fact that she loves her husband and is also proud to call herself his wife, Mrs. Carter (Jay-Z’s birth name is Sean Carter), does not take away from the fact that she is a strong, successful woman and a perfect target for Rush Limbaugh.

Don’t you agree HollywoodLifers? Let me know! Below are the full lyrics of “Bow Down.”

Beyonce's 'Bow Down / I Been On' Lyrics

Here are the entire lyrics of "Bow Down" and "I Been On":

I'm at that H town, coming, coming down, I'm coming down
Get it on the ground
H town, I'm coming down, coming down
Get it on the ground

I know when you were little girls
You grabbed a bee-ing in my world
Don't forget it, don't forget it
Respect that, bow down, b-tches

I took some time to live my life
But don't think I'm just his little wife
Don't get it twisted, get it twisted
This my sh-t

Bow down, b-tches
Bow down, b-tches
Bow down, b-tches
Bow down, b-tches

H-town b-tches, H-H-town b-tches

I'm so crowned, bow, bow down b-tches

I'm at that H town, coming, coming down, I'm coming down
Get it on the ground

"I Been On":

I been on, I been on, I been on
Tell me who gone take me off
Take me off, take me off, take me off

Rolling high, leather and wood
Keep it trill, that's what good
Kiss my momma, show that love
Pop them bottles in that club
I heard your boo was talking lip
I told my crew to smack that trick
Smack that trick, smack that trick
Guess what they did, smack that trick
Gold everything, gold ass chain
Gold ass rings, gold ass fangs
You can see me stunt when you turn on ya screen
You can see me stunt when you turn on ya screen
I'm bigger than life, my name in the lights
I'm the number one chick, ain't need no hype
The capital b means, I'm 'bout that life
The capital b means, I'm 'bout that life

I remember my baby hair with my dookie braids
Frenchy's, Boudin in the parking lot
Shout out to Willie D
I was in that Willie D video when I was about fourteen, looking crazy
Shout out Pimp C
You know we used to sneak and listen to that UGK
Didn't do your girl but your sister was alright, damn
In ya homeboy's Caddy last night
Hold up, Texas trill
H-town going down, man

WATCH: Beyonce 'Bow Down': New Song's Lyrics Spark Debate


Subscribe to me on YouTube

– Bonnie Fuller

More ‘Bow Down’ News:

  1. Rush Limbaugh Slams Beyonce's New Single 'Bow Down' — Watch
  2. Keyshia Cole Slams Beyonce For New Song 'Bow Down'
  3. Beyonce Releases Controversial New Single: 'Bow Down' — Listen
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment