Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hollywood Life: Jodi Arias Begs Jury Not To Give Her The Death Penalty

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Jodi Arias Begs Jury Not To Give Her The Death Penalty
May 21st 2013, 18:29

Jodi stood before the court on May 21 and cried while giving a passionate plea for why she should be given life in prison and not the death penalty.

Jodi Arias does not want to be sentenced to the death penalty. Jodi stood infront of the jury and tearfully said on May 21 that brutally murdering her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander in 2008 was the “worst mistake” of her life. She said “I’ll be sorry for the rest of my life” and added that she is “horrified” that she stabbed Travis 27 times, slashed his throat and shot him in the head.

Jodi Arias Begs For Life In Prison Not Death Penalty

Jodi is awaiting her sentencing for being found guilty of murder in the first degree. She admitted to killing her ex-boyfriend in 2008, after first denying having any involvement. She was found guilty on May 8 and now she is begging for her life to be sparred.

During her very emotional speech, Jodi told the courtroom that she donate her hair, start recycling program, teach inmates how to read, and sell her paintings. Jodi did a TV interview just moments after she was found guilty and said without a doubt that she wanted to be sentenced to death, she has totally changed her tune.

Here is some of what Jodi said in her speech:

“Some months back, while the first phase was ongoing, my mom visited me just like she had every week. She told me after leaving the court house she looked over and Travis’ siblings were in that car. She said I know they are going through hell. I never meant to cause them so much pain. I know that’s because of me. Throughout this trial I’ve avoided looking at Travis’ family. Everytime I have a thought or had the desire to commit suicide, there is one thing that has caused me to waiver, they are my family. At times I lost track of that element. The incident I testified to, that I tok my razor apart — in the long run I was doing them a favor.”

“I didn’t know that if I got life I could contribute in a meaningful way. I’ll share a few examples. My hair was past my waist and I could donate to locks of love. I will continue to donatw to that organization. In prison, I will live among the general population of women and I can share my knowledge and start classes. I would like to implement a recycling program. I know that reading has enriched my life, I can help other women become literate, along the lines of literacy I can start a book club and reading group. I’ve designed a t-shirt which 100 % of the proceeds … I’ve never been to prison I’ll likely find many ways I can contribute to women there.”

“This is the worst mistake of my life. I can hardly believe I was capable of such violence and I’ll be sorry the rest of my life. I’m horrified by what I did and horrified still.”

Jodi Found Guilty Of Murdering Her Ex Boyfriend

We told you that after a lengthy four month trial, the jury found Jodi guilty of brutally murdering Travis. She was found guilty of first degree murder and it took the jury 15 hours to deliberate.

WATCH: Jodi Arias Closing Arguments

Subscribe to me on YouTube

– Chloe Melas

More Jodi Arias On Trial News:

  1. Jodi Arias Takes 18th Day On Stand & Defends Murdering Boyfriend
  2. Jodi Arias Calls Dead Boyfriend 'Tender' In Murder Trial
  3. Jodi Arias' Murder Trial — Claims Innocence Of First Degree Murder

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment