Monday, January 28, 2013

Hollywood Life: January Jones Admits “My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps”

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail January Jones Admits "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps"
Jan 28th 2013, 21:17

The ‘Mad Men’ beauty is feeling the effects of her frequent hair coloring! After switching up her hue from blonde to brunette to red in a matter of months, January’s poor hair is taking a beating.

January Jones, 35, uses her hair to truly transform into her characters, going shorter, lighter, or darker completely on a whim. Now, she admits that the stress that the frequent coloring puts on her hair is making her strands so brittle that they fall out in clumps!

January Jones’ Hair Disaster

“I have been every color and now my hair is falling out in clumps,” January admitted to Grazia Daily at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. ”I’ve been blonde, red with extensions for this film, then blonde, then black, and now blonde again. I’m going to have to shave it off and wear a wig.” Oh no! Surely there is an easier way!

"The chemicals that are used and the over-frequency in coloring your hair can result in breakage and hair loss," Gretta Monahan, founder and CEO of Grettacole Salon in Boston, told ABC News. In order to let her hair recover,  January should stick with one color for awhile. But which color should she pick?

"I like it all colors, it makes you feel different according to what color it is, but I prefer to be blonde,” she explains. “My son recognizes me in photos when I am blonde. He says, 'Mama.’” How adorable!

January’s blonde hair has become a staple of her look, and even though she is willing to switch up her style for a role, it doesn’t always translate well. “I didn't get treated differently when I was red-headed, but when I went dark for a few months, I was suddenly invisible,” January recalls. “Not just as a celebrity, but to my friends and family. I was like, ‘Come on you guys, it's me!’”

HollywoodLifers, what color should January stick with?

– Kristine Hope Kowalski

More Beauty News:

  1. Marion Cotillard's Sexy SAG Bob: See The Dramatic Makeover
  2. Lea Michele's Ombre Hair & Smokey Eyes At SAG Awards: Get Her Look
  3. Sofia Vergara's Lush SAG Awards Waves & Purple Shadow: Get The Look
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment