Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hollywood Life: Chris Brown: Why ‘X’ Will Makeover The Singer’s Image

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Chris Brown: Why 'X' Will Makeover The Singer's Image
Mar 29th 2013, 01:32

Recently, Chris has been on the path to reinvention, and his new album ‘X’ is following suit. In a new interview, the singer explains why ‘X’ is different than any other album he’s ever made and how he hopes it will change his image.

Because of problems in his personal life, Chris Brown has continuously struggled to stay in good graces with the public. Although the constant criticism can be distracting, Chris maintains his focus on his true passion: his music. “It’s not my job to try to persuade people to love me, it’s only to try to make them love the music,” the singer tells Yahoo! Music.

Why ‘X’ Is Different From Any Other Chris Brown Album

Chris’ new album, X, takes his music a step further from his usual pop dance hits and romantic ballads, and explores more meaningful music with metaphors and symbolism. Chris also used inspiration from artists like Stevie WonderSam Cooke, and Aretha Franklin to give the album a more 1970′s soul vibe.

“I just wanted to have more substance to who I am as an artist,” Chris admits. “When it comes to me explaining who I am like through my art, I wanted to be more mature.”

Chris Brown Addresses His Controversial Actions On ‘X’

The title track “X” is Chris’ first song that addresses his troubled past and his quest to change himself for the better. Although Chris has had his fair share of drama, he assures that isn’t who he is.

“It’s not in my path,” Chris explains. “It’s not in my journey to focus on that. So it’s like my focus is my creativity, my painting, my art, my love, my passion. As far as whether it’s the negativity. Whether it’s naysayers. It’s not in my focus to enlighten them about who I am.”

Chris also explains why he chose for “X” to be the first song on the album.”When 'X’ comes out or when you hear the first track on this album, you get a sense of, 'Oh, s**t, he’s about to take us for a ride on this album.’”

The symbol “X” also has symbolic meaning for Chris. “X is numerical,” he reveals. “My birthday is 5/5/89. So the Roman numeral 10 is X. Five and 5 is 10. Then, 8,9, 10. X is also the 24th letter in the alphabet. I’ll be 24 when the album comes out.”

HollywoodLifers, do YOU think X will makeover Chris’ image? Vote below!

– Jenny Pickard

More Chris Brown News:

  1. Chris Brown: Your New Album 'X' Is A Love Letter To Rihanna
  2. Karrueche Tran: Chris Brown's Song 'Fine China' Is Not About Me
  3. Chris Brown Spends Day Painting For Charity
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment