Monday, April 29, 2013

Hollywood Life: NBA Star Mike Wallace Slams Gay People After Jason Collins Comes Out

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail NBA Star Mike Wallace Slams Gay People After Jason Collins Comes Out
Apr 29th 2013, 18:36

Right after Jason announced that he was gay on April 29, the Miami Dolphins’ 26-year-old wide receiver attacked the gay community with a homophobic tweet. Read on to find out what he said!

Jason Collins isn’t getting a very warm welcome from his fellow NBA athletes. The 33-year-old came out to Sports Illustrated on April 29 and right after, Mike Wallace totally slammed him. The Miami Dolphins player said horrific things in a tweet and then deleted it and posted a pathetic apology.

Mike Wallace Slams Gay People On Twitter

This is what Mike wrote: "All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH.”

Then he followed it up with: “Never said anything was right or wrong I just said I don’t understand!! Deeply sorry for anyone that I offended.”

Jason Collins Admits He’s Gay

This is the open letter he gave to Sports Illustrated:

“I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay. I didn’t set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I’m happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn’t the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, ‘I’m different.’ If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I’m raising my hand. My journey of self-discovery and self-acknowledgement began in my hometown of Los Angeles and has taken me through two state high school championships, the NCAA Final Four and the Elite Eight, and nine playoffs in 12 NBA seasons. I’ve reached that enviable state in life in which I can do pretty much what I want. And what I want is to continue to play basketball. I still love the game, and I still have something to offer. My coaches and teammates recognize that. At the same time, I want to be genuine and authentic and truthful.”

Are you offended with what Mike said on Twitter?

– Chloe Melas

More Coming Out News:

  1. Jodie Foster Comes Out As A Lesbian During Golden Globes Speech
  2. Boxer Orlando Cruz: I'm Gay
  3. Anderson Cooper Officially Comes Out: ‘I’m Gay, Always Have Been’

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment