Friday, February 1, 2013

Hollywood Life: ‘Project Runway’ Designers Make Ping Pong Uniforms For Susan Sarandon

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail 'Project Runway' Designers Make Ping Pong Uniforms For Susan Sarandon
Feb 1st 2013, 22:04

Designer and former 'Runway' contestant Michael Costello talks us through the latest episode in his recap. The designers are commissioned by Susan Sarandon to redesign her ping pong club’s uniforms!

This week, designers will work in the same teams: let’s just say Dream Team looked startled about that. I would be too! I remember my team challenge in Season 8 was the worst day of my life! Everyone threw me under the bus. I felt like that bus kept running me over and over!

Episode 2: The Designers Take On Ping Pong Club SPiN

The challenge this week is to design uniforms for the waitresses, waiters, and ball boys and Susan Sarandon's ping pong social club, SPiN. Can I just say that I was secretly wishing the challenge would have been to design new looks based on the movie Thelma and Louise, or maybe do a retrospective look based on The Witches of Eastwick! It would have been amazing. Wishful thinking. Each team is creating 5 looks: 3 waitresses and 1 waiter, and 1 ball boy look. The best part about this challenge is that "Balls are our business," SPiN’s slogan, has to be incorporated on the ball boys’ uniforms. That sounds pretty hot if you ask me.

After learning the challenge, designers work as SPiN employees to get a full feel for what they need to design. Putting a bunch of designers together to work as waitresses and ball boys can be equal to chickens running around with their heads cut off. Hopefully Tu's career as a fashion designer will work out for him because I don't think a regular job such as being a waiter is cut out for him. The boy was breaking things left and right! I just hope being a ball boy he don’t break his own balls!

As the teams begin to brainstorm and design, Ben immediately takes the role of leader for the Dream Team. I hope this does not turn into another Gretchen Jones situation. I want to like you, Ben, I really do.

Along with team work comes conflict. Cindy is feeling like Ben is "sticking to her like glue" and micromanaging her, but to be honest, with her design last week I would be too! Hot mess. Hot mess. Not saying that she is not, but poor Cindy, the sweet old lady thinks that she is the weak link after escaping elimination last week. Come on Cindy, get it together.

Uh oh, looks like tables have turned this challenge, team Keeping It Real doesn't have a solid idea yet, while Dream Team already know what they want to do with the looks. I have to say, Joseph is like a big kid with his love for polka dots and his line of cat sweaters. I want to put him in my pocket — so precious. I’m really excited to see more from him.

I take back that the tables have turned on this challenge: team Keeping It Real is once again doing great and all putting in positive input to each other's designs while the Dream Team is scattered. James is very determined to work on his own and not take anyone’s input to use. Looks like he is setting sail of his own ship to the island of elimination…

Meanwhile, Cindy has changed from the sweet old lady to a teenage girl with a bad attitude. Hopefully she doesn’t turn into the most hated girl in high school. I know I was!

Cindy is not the only one, Patricia is starting to gain an ego and is working for a tribe of her own, disregarding the rest of her team. But who cares, I really like her I am hoping she will yell across the room in that incredible yelling thing she does. She has my vote!

All in all, it looks like the Dream Team is looking like team Struggle again. Let’s see how everything looks once it hits the runway.

This weeks lovely guest judge is Susan Sarandon, owner of SPiN. As Dream Team’s looks are coming down the runway, some looked decent but some just didn’t cut it. Especially James’s look, and Cindy and Ben’s look. Let’s hope team Keeping It Real’s looks bomb it so the Dream Team can have a little hope.

Unfortunately team Keeping It Real’s looks all look pretty good and the judges seemed to like them. As predicted, team Keeping It Real won this challenge and Layana was the winner of the challenge. I couldn’t have agreed more — I really like what she did and she really worked hard and maintained a positive attitude in this challenge .
Sadly James‘s ship did sail to the island of elimination which proves there is no I in team.

–Michael Costello

Until next week, thanks for reading Project recap! Check out Michael Costello Couture, follow me Twitter @michealcostello and Facebook and Tweet with me every Thursday during Project Runway Season 11!


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment