Friday, July 19, 2013

Hollywood Life: Demi Lovato: Cory Monteith ‘Didn’t Choose To Die; It Was The Disease’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Demi Lovato: Cory Monteith 'Didn't Choose To Die; It Was The Disease'
Jul 19th 2013, 22:23, by Eleanore Hutch

Demi wisely spoke about Cory and his substance abuse problems in a new interview, and she insists that Cory ‘didn’t choose to die,’ but he was killed by his disease.

Demi Lovato has spoken out about the sad death of Cory Monteith. Cory, 31, died from a mixture of heroin and alcohol on July 13, and Demi insists that just because he had a long battle with substance abuse, that does not mean it was his fault he died. Demi said that “it only takes one moment of relapse to potentially die.” Read on for her touching words about Cory.

Demi Lovato On Cory Monteith’s Death

Demi, 20, openly spoke about her past problems and going to rehab, and she can totally see how precarious Cory’s situation was.

“Promoters gave me drugs and alcohol in restaurants or clubs,” she told PEOPLE magazine. ”They wanted me to come back so I would be seen there … Being a celebrity can be dangerous. Nobody says ‘no.’ That’s why so many end up overdosing and dying. It could definitely have happened to me.”

How poignant. HollywoodLife.com previously reported that Vancouver was a dark place for Cory, who find it hard to turn away from the pressures of drugs. Once again, Demi touches upon the subject with wisdom:

All it takes is one moment of vulnerability to get slipped into your addiction. It’s not a choice. Nobody chooses to use. He didn’t choose to die. It was the disease. It can creep up on you at any moment. It only takes one moment of relapse to potentially die. It’s really scary, but I’m really hoping that from this, people are able to see this is a very, very, very dangerous disease.

Demi even admitted to avoiding clubs for her friend’s birthdays, because of temptation.

They can turn 21 and have their turn-21st-birthday. I don’t think that I – I just don’t put myself in those situations where I’m going to be at those 21st birthdays. I don’t go to clubs. I just know it’s something I can’t do without being triggered. And that’s okay.

Demi Lovato Is Praying For Lea Michele

There is one person that Demi feels the most for, and that is Cory’s Glee co-star and girlfriend.

“The main person in my thoughts is Lea [Michele],” Lovato says. “I am praying for her so hard and I love her so much. I’m wishing her a lot of strength right now.”

This is all truly heartbreaking. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Demi, Lea and everyone affected by Cory’s death during this sad time.

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do you think Demi speaks wise words about Cory?

WATCH: Cory Monteith Autopsy: Fatal Mixture Of Heroine And Alcohol 

Subscribe to me on YouTube


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment