Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hollywood Life: David Beckham Signs With Paris Saint-Germain & Will Donate Salary To Charity

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail David Beckham Signs With Paris Saint-Germain & Will Donate Salary To Charity
Jan 31st 2013, 20:06

The soccer stud has just signed a five-month contract with the French team and although his salary is unknown, he said he wants to donate all of it to a children’s charity in Paris. How sweet is that?

David Beckham is such an awesome guy! The 37-year-old announced on Jan. 31 that he was going to be joining the Paris Saint-Germain team.

David’s Big Philanthropic Announcement

David said that he always knew he wanted to donate his salary:

“It’s something we (decided) together; it’s one of the things we talked about from the start. But this all happened so quick,” he says. “I thought what a great idea it would be, that the salary would go to a children’s charity in Paris … We decided on something that is quite unique – I won’t receive any salary. We have decided that my salary will go towards a local children’s charity in Paris. And that’s one of things we are very excited and proud to be able to do,” he said. “It’s something I’m not sure has been done before, and it’s something I’m very passionate about, children and the charity side of things, and so are the club. We came together and it’s something special.”

He also revealed why he decided to play for this team: “Every club I have played for throughout the world, I have been successful with. I have been successful with Manchester United, and I have always said that I would never want to play for another English club. It’s the team that I support, that I always dreamt of playing for.”

Previously, David played six years with the Galaxy team in LA but now he and his wife Victoria Beckham and their four kids have moved to the gorgeous city.

David Talks About His Kids Moving To Paris

David says that everyone is adjusting to the big move: “Right now, I have a few things to sort out with my children and the schooling and a few other things,” he says. “I have been training at Arsenal. My fitness won’t take long to get up to speed. I definitely won’t be fit for next Friday. A few weeks and I’ll be up to speed.”

CNN

— Chloe Melas

More Beckham news:

  1. David Beckham & Baby Daughter Harper Beckham Have Lunch Date
  2. Victoria Beckham Tweets Photo Of Harper Toddling Down Runway
  3. Harper Beckham Watches Victoria Beckham At Fashion Week Show
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment