Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hollywood Life: Robin Roberts Hospitalized For Infection But Says: ‘I’m Feeling Much Better’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Robin Roberts Hospitalized For Infection But Says: 'I'm Feeling Much Better'
Apr 18th 2013, 15:18

The ‘Good Morning America’ host has been off the air for a week because she’s in the hospital battling an infection. But she took to her Facebook page to tell her fans that she’ll be back on the air in no time.

Robin Roberts isn’t in the clear just yet. The GMA anchor was on vacation in Key West, Fla and she says she started to “not fell well.” When she went back to NYC, her doctors suggested that she check into the hospital for a few days.

Robin Roberts Hospitalized For Infection

The GMA anchor says that although she’s back in the hospital, she’ll be on GMA next week! She took to Facebook to say:

“Last week, in the middle of my Key West vacation, I began not to feel well. Nothing serious, just under the weather. I contacted my doctors and flew back to NYC. They felt it best to admit me into the hospital for a few days. Seems my young immune system needed a little boost to fight off ‘opportunistic infections. My doctors assured me that this was NOT because I was working or doing too much, too soon. It’s extremely common, post bone marrow transplant, to have complications. I’m blessed that mine have not been severe. I’m feeling MUCH better, and will relax at home for the rest of the week. I’ll be back on GMA next week … as my sweet momma would say: ‘Good Lord willing, and the creek don’t rise!’”

Robin Roberts Was Worried She’d Never Be Back On TV

The anchor was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome [MDS], which is a blood and bone marrow disease. After 174 days of recovery after a bone marrow transplant, she came back to GMA. She went on The View on Feb. 21 and told the ladies that she was so worried she would never get to host a morning show again.

She said: “I didn't know if I could come back."

Facebook 

— Chloe Melas

More Robin Roberts News:

  1. Robin Roberts Returns To GMA: Obamas Call Her 'An Inspiration'
  2. Robin Roberts: How She Stayed Strong During Her Treatment
  3. Robin Roberts: 'I Felt Like I Was Dying' After Bone Marrow Transplant

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment