Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hollywood Life: Candice Glover Should Win ‘American Idol’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Candice Glover Should Win 'American Idol'
May 16th 2013, 14:40

If America made the right decision, they voted for Candice after the May 15 episode of ‘American Idol.’ She deserves to take Phillip Phillips’ crown on May 16.

Candice Glover received a standing ovation after each one of her three American Idol performances on May 15. She’s the clear frontrunner going into the May 16 season finale.

Candice Glover: Why She Should Win ‘American Idol’

It’s been six long years since a woman won the title of “American Idol.” It’s refreshing to have two women in the finale, let alone five in the top five. However, I must admit, I originally went into the May 15 finale with a chip on my shoulder. I still believe that Angie Miller should have won (rewatch her Hollywood Week performance), but I’ll forgive America for that mistake. Halfway through the night, after hearing the contestants’ potential singles, I accepted that Angie is gone and realized that Candice can me a marketable pop star. She’s now my choice to take home the title!

Kree Harrison’s ”All Cried Out” was certainly something we all could relate to after her hometown visit and Angie’s heartbreaking departure last week, but it sounded too much like another sad country lament. I’m sorry, but the girl lacks personality and she uses her backstory (unintentionally) and sad lyrics to mask that fact. If I didn’t know better, I’d say she looked a bit bored on stage.

Candice then performed what would be her single, “I Am Beautiful” (watch it below). It was a song that could easily be on the radio. It was strong, powerful and extremely marketable. All four judges got to their feet for Candice.

Candice Glover Wins The Night

Then, Randy Jackson, who is leaving after the end of season 12, said that Candice “shot the whole night to another level” with her finale performance of “I Who Have Nothing” and that it was a winning performance.  It was clear that Candice won the night overall.

While I do believe Candice will take home the crown tonight, there is a slight chance that the notoriously strong country voting base will cause an upset and award Kree the title.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Who should win American Idol season 12?

WATCH: Candice Glover Performs “I Am Beautiful” – AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 12

Subscribe to me on YouTube

— Chris Rogers
Follow
@ChrisRogers86

More Candice Glover News:

  1. 'American Idol' Finale — Kree Harrison & Candice Glover Face Off
  2. Candice Glover: She Needs To Win 'American Idol' Season 12
  3. 'American Idol' Top 3: Candice Glover Has Best Vocal In 'Idol' History
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment