Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hollywood Life: Darren Young: WWE Superstar Reveals ‘I’m Gay’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics 
Many wonderful memories are captured in black and white.

With digital photographs, the art is now in creating black and white images. This course will teach you how to use Photoshop techniques to create beautiful images.
From our sponsors
thumbnail Darren Young: WWE Superstar Reveals 'I'm Gay'
Aug 15th 2013, 13:43, by Andrew Gruttadaro

What a huge moment for professional wrestling! The veteran brawler dropped a bombshell on August 14, announcing that he’s gay and becoming the first wrestler in the sport’s history to come out.

August 14 marked a huge day in WWE history. Darren Young, who has been a pro wrestling star since 2005, proudly revealed that he was gay, proving that a homosexual man could succeed in the chauvinistic world that is professional wrestling.

Darren Young: Pro Wrestler Comes Out

After being approached in the LAX Airport and asked whether he believed a gay man could thrive in the WWE, Darren, 33, showed no fear in revealing his sexuality. “Absolutely. Look at me,” Darren surprisingly told TMZ.

“I’m a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I’ll tell you right now. I’m gay. And I’m happy. I’m very happy.”

Darren (born Frederick Douglas Rosser) is now the first openly gay man in professional wrestling. Perhaps taking inspiration from Jason Collins, who was the first NBA player to come out earlier this year, Darren proudly stood up for who he is after dropping the bombshell.

Darren Young: ‘Sexual Preference Shouldn’t Matter’

“I don’t think it matters. Does it matter? Does it change what you think about me?,” he asked the interviewer. “I’m happy with who I am. I’m comfortable with myself. I’m happy to be living the dream. I’m happy with myself. It’s very important to me that people see that someone’s sexual preference shouldn’t matter.”

A strong, proud person like Darren is exactly what the WWE needs to break its macho stereotypes and proudly prove that homosexuality in the pro wrestling doesn’t have to be a stigma. He elaborated on his strong stance in the interview:

We’re all adults. All sports are physical. When I come to work, I come to work. This is a business. I’m a WWE superstar. I’m there to entertain. That’s what my job is and I do it well.

It’s always amazing to see a person standing up for who they are and what they believe in, especially in Darren’s case, because the culture he lives in tends to be so chauvinistic. It’s men and women like him who are helping sports — not just the WWE — evolve. What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

WATCH: Darren Young Challenges Matt Striker

Subscribe to me on YouTube

TMZ

– Andrew Gruttadaro

Follow @AndrewGrutt

More Celebs Come Out:

  1. Raven-Symone Comes Out — She's Grateful She Can 'Finally Get Married'
  2. Charice Comes Out: 'Yes, I'm A Lesbian'
  3. Queen Latifah Comes Out As A Lesbian

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment