Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hollywood Life: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Kat Graham: Khloe Kardashian Is My Favorite

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail 'Vampire Diaries' Star Kat Graham: Khloe Kardashian Is My Favorite
Apr 9th 2013, 17:26

Kat Graham spills why fellow U by Kotex ambassador Khloe is her favorite Kardashian and how being herself makes her feel most confident in a new EXCLUSIVE interview with HollywoodLife.com. Keep reading for Kat’s answers!

Kat Graham is super busy filming her hit TV show The Vampire Diaries and working on her awesome music, but she’s still taking the time to connect with her young fans about issues that are sometimes embarrassing to talk about! Read our interview with Kat below to learn how she dealt with “girl issues” growing up and more!

Kat Graham & Khloe Kardashian — U By Kotex Brand Ambassadors

Kat’s mission is to help girls understand their bodies as they grow and change.

Generation Know is the first generation of girls with a real understanding of their bodies,” Kat tells HollywoodLife.com. “Teaming up with U by Kotex gives me the chance to empower girls about their bodies, and I don't know who would give up the chance to do that. I wanted to help young girls the way I wish I was helped when I was 14 or 15, when I first got my period. I want to break down these barriers with them.”

Kat admits that she shares a special bond with fellow ambassador Khloe Kardashian Odom.

“I don't believe in picking favorites, but she's my favorite Kardashian. I can see why U by Kotex works with her. She's so grounded and so real — that's why she's my favorite. She just absolutely, when you talk to her, connects to you. She doesn't have any airs about her. She's very grounded in her womanhood and who she is. She's accepting and wonderful. I love her so much. She's awesome!”

Unlike Khloe, Kat didn’t have any sisters to talk to when she was growing up.

“Honestly, your body is such a private experience and you don't necessarily want to talk to everyone about it. I was homeschooled to make it worse and the internet wasn't as rampant as it is now.”

Kat: I Learned About My Period The Hard Way

“I learned about things the hard way, and it wasn't fun. I found out what a period was when I got one. I don't want anyone to have to go through that and if you grow up as an only child or if you're homeschooled or if you don't have a lot of friends, I think Generation Know is really helpful. We are women and this is a part our bodies –- it's part of our future, our present and our history, and we need to change the way people perceive this. It's not something to be embarrassed about at all.”

Today, Kat is on TV and stages, and she has tons of confidence. So where does it come from?

“Whether I want to wear my hair up or down, or wear heels or flats, or listen to certain music or make certain music, as long as it's coming absolutely from me 100 percent, that's what makes me feel empowered. That I know that I'm making this decision because I want to. I'm not making it for a boy, I'm not making it for a career move, I'm not making it because of competition -– I'm doing it because I want to do it and I'm feeling connected to it.”

Do you admire Kat for being honest and helping girls understand their bodies, HollywoodLifers?

– Dory Larrabee

More Kat Graham News:

  1. Kat Graham Goes Blonde For The Grammys: See Her Colorful New Look
  2. 'Vampire Diaries' Scoop: Kat Graham Talks Bonnie & Jeremy's 'Crazy Path'
  3. Taylor Swift V. Kat Graham: Who Rocked Their Pantsuit Better?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment