Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hollywood Life: Dakota Johnson & Charlie Hunnam: They’re Perfect For ‘Fifty Shades’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics 
Complimentary Downloads

7 Days of Complimentary Downloads: 100,000+ Motion Backgrounds, Video Clips, Production Music Tracks, Sound Effects, Special Effects and More.
From our sponsors
thumbnail Dakota Johnson & Charlie Hunnam: They're Perfect For 'Fifty Shades'
Sep 3rd 2013, 14:39, by Chloe Melas

When E.L. James broke the news that these two unknowns would take on the exciting yet daunting task of playing the leads from her S&M trilogy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey,’ I was thrilled! Read on to find out why you should be happy she didn’t cast big names for these two parts!

Many fans all over the world were upset with the cast decisions made for the screen adaptation Fifty Shades of Grey, but I wasn’t one of them. Did you really think Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson would take on these roles? There are no two better people than Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam to take on the red room of pain!

Dakota Johnson & Charlie Hunnam: Why They’re Perfect For ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’

I read all the books, just like most of the women in America did. I was captivated by Christian Grey’s dominating nature and Anastasia’s quest for romance not just based on sex but on true love. I whizzed through the books in a two weeks because I literally could not put them down. The next best news for me was learning that I could relive my favorite moments on-screen, in a movie!

For months we’ve all been waiting to find out who would take on the roles. Would it be The Social Network‘s, Armie Hammer, or Vampire Diaries star, Ian Somerhalder, who would play the Seattle billionaire, Christian Grey? Could Emma Watson, the quirky girl from Harry Potter, really convince me she’s Anastasia Steele?

I have been so worried that some big name star would come in and totally disappoint me. I don’t want to see someone where I’m reminded of their past roles. For instance, if Emma were playing Anastasia, I would literally think of her Harry Potter character, Hermione with her wand in hand, the entire time. Armie, I literally would be thinking about him playing Leonardo DiCaprio‘s gay lover in J.Edgar.

This book brought something fresh to an audience of women who were craving an escape. This story allowed us to create our own idea of who we thought these two stars were. Having some big Hollywood actor take on the role would cause me to have preconceptions about the movie before I even walked into the theater.

Having two virtually unknown stars, even though I can tell you Charlie is awesome in FX’s Sons of Anarchy, is perfect. We can walk into the film, just like we did the books, with our eyes wide open, expecting the limitless.

I’m so excited to see why E.L. James is thrilled for these stars to take on Fifty Shades of Grey. We have an entire year to wait, it hits theaters Aug. 27, and they have a year to perfect their parts.

To all the haters out there, give these two a chance! Even though E.L. James has admitted that she was inspired by Twilight to write these books, and she reportedly wanted Rob to play Christian, it can’t always be about Twilight! Robsten can’t take on every role and we should allow other actors their chance to be our next favorite on-screen couple!

HollywoodLifers, sound off below and tell me if you’re happy Dakota and Charlie have been cast!

Watch: Ian Somerhalder Talks Christian Grey 

Subscribe to me on YouTube

– Chloe Melas

More ‘Fifty Shades’ News:

  1. Robert Pattinson Talks 'Fifty Shades' Role With E. L. James — Report
  2. 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Movie Release Date Revealed
  3. Sam Taylor-Johnson To Direct 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Movie
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment