Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hollywood Life: Riley Cooper Apologizes For Using Racial Slur At Kenny Chesney Concert

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics 
thumbnail Riley Cooper Apologizes For Using Racial Slur At Kenny Chesney Concert
Aug 1st 2013, 13:10, by Christopher Rogers

The Philadelphia Eagles player says he’s “ashamed and disgusted” with himself for making a racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert, which was caught on video and led to him getting fined by his team. Are you satisfied with his apology?

A video of Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles’ wide receiver, using the n-word surfaced on July 31. Now, the sports player is facing the music and apologizing profusely for directing the slur at an African-American guard at a Kenny Chesney concert in June.

Riley Cooper Racial Slur — Eagles Player Apologizes For Racist Remark At Concert

Riley, 25, issued a statement of apology and then met with reporters outside the team’s practice facility, Fox News reports. He said:

This is the lowest of lows. This is not the type of person I want to be portrayed as. This isn’t the type of person I am. I’m extremely sorry.

Riley said he was drinking when he made the racist remark in June.

That’s no excuse for what I said. I don’t use that term. I was raised better than that. I have a great mom and dad and they’re disgusted with my actions. I’m willing to accept all consequences. I know no one in Philadelphia is happy with me right now. I accept that. I hope they see the true me and accept my apology. I know it will take a while.

Philadelphia Eagles & The NFL Respond

Due to his behavior, Riley was reportedly fined by the Eagles. The team’s owner Jeffrey Lurie said:

“We are shocked and appalled by Riley Cooper’s words. This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society.  He has accepted responsibility for his words and his actions. He has been fined for this incident.”

The NFL also released the following statement: “[We stand] for diversity and inclusion. Comments like this are wrong, offensive, and unacceptable.”

Riley is a fifth-round pick out of Florida, entering his fourth season in the NFL. He has 46 catches and five touchdowns in three years with the Philadelphia Eagles.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you satisfied with Riley’s apology?

WATCH: Riley Cooper’s Racial Slur At Kenny Chesney Concert

Subscribe to me on YouTube

— Chris Rogers
Follow
@ChrisRogers86

More Celebrities & Racial Issues:

  1. 'RHONY' Preview: LuAnn de Lesseps Offends Carole Radziwill With Racial Remark
  2. Gwyneth Paltrow Tweets Racial Slur After Kanye West Concert
  3. Whitney Houston’s Funeral: Kevin Costner Admits ‘Bodyguard’ Racial Issues Almost Halted Film
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment