Monday, April 1, 2013

Hollywood Life: Kevin Ware’s First Interview Since Injury: ‘I Never Want To Watch The Replay’

Hollywood Life
Latest Hollywood Gossip, News & Celeb Pics
thumbnail Kevin Ware's First Interview Since Injury: 'I Never Want To Watch The Replay'
Apr 1st 2013, 22:05

Kevin gave his first interview on April 1 about his devastating leg injury. The basketball star says that he’ll be ‘fine’ and he hopes to attend his team’s next practice.

Kevin Ware may have had a steel rod inserted into his leg on March 31, but the Louisville star is remaining upbeat. Kevin, 20, broke his leg during the March Madness game against Duke and his tibia broke through his skin.

Kevin Ware’s First Interview Since Leg Injury

The morning after his two-hour surgery, Kevin spoke with ESPN. In the interview, Kevin said: “Hopefully I’ll be back in time to watch practice. It hurts but I’ll be fine. I’ll be fine.”

Those are pretty shocking words, considering many called this the “worst sports injury” ever caught on TV.

Kevin, who landed on his right leg wrong during the game said: “I jumped and my leg felt kind of funny. When Coach P tried to help me up, he gave me a funny kind of look. I’m looking at him and then I look down and I see my bone sticking out. It wasn’t a hurt feeling. I just went into shock. In the moment, you don’t know what’s wrong with you. You’re just looking, thinking, ‘How did this happen?’ I never watched the replay. I never want to.”

After watching the accident live and seeing pictures, we can understand why he would never want to watch it.

Kevin Underwent Emergency Surgery

We told you that Kevin was rushed to Indianapolis Hospital and he underwent emergency surgery. Louisville went on to beat Duke and they made it to the Final Four. His teammates brought the Final Four trophy to his hospital nd he even posed with it following his surgery.

“I’m hoping I can go. Really hoping so,” Kevin said about going to the next game. “We still have a job to get done. We still have one more goal.”

Check out a video below from our friends at NowThisNews, which details Kevin’s injury and recovery:

WATCH: Kevin Ware Has Surgery After Breaking Leg


– Chloe Melas

More Kevin Ware News:

  1. Kevin Ware's Injury: Celebs & Athletes Tweet Reactions
  2. Kevin Ware Has Surgery To Repair Badly Broken Leg
  3. Kevin Ware May Lose Scholarship After Horrific Leg Injury
Take Our Poll

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment